Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Visiting Family Brings Inspiration

Went to visit family in Southern Oregon last week.  It was beautiful by the ocean in Brookings compared to the cold of Puyallup, Washington area.  The sun was shining, a little overcast, and not too warm and not too cold.  Perfect actually.


Went Agate hunting with my little brother one day.  It was cloudy, but the sun would poke it's head out every now and then.  You have better luck finding Agates when it's sunny.  The jelly look of the Agate is easier to see next to the millions of other rocks and sand.  We had some luck in finding some and they were actually bigger than usual.


I think they'll polish up very  nicely. The bigger one on the top left will make a beautiful cabochon for a ring or pendant.  Inspiration and ideas running through my brain.  Imagine what these stones can show.  Imagine what these stones will look like polished and in a setting. WOW!  I love working with natural stones.

When I visit my family, I take all my beading supplies with me (yes there are a lot of cases that I bring).  I usually get a LOT of creations made while down there but on this trip I just couldn't get into it.  Something was missing and I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then it came to me from my very beautiful youngest Niece, Kayla.  She wanted a Tree of Life.  She was told about the Tree of Life from a friend of hers.  She was thinking of one cut from Sterling Silver and soldered inside a ring.

I didn't bring my bench and torches with me, but I did have my silver wire and beads.  INSPIRATION!

With wire and beads in hand, her color request obtained (she wanted Fall colors), I dove into the creation.  Carnelian, garnet, and Citrine.

 
She loved it!  That's what I was missing, someone wanting something created by me.  My oldest Niece, Jennifer, saw what I had created and wanted one too.  She didn't want a Fall Tree but a tree that was in bloom.  So, the Spring Tree of Life was created for her.

  
She doesn't like Pinks, Reds, and Yellows that would show "blooms", so I went with purplish/blue Iolite.  It worked perfect for her and she loved it.

I started another one but run out of time to complete it during my visit.  This inspiration came on the day before I had to return home.

I posted the pictures on my facebook page and had quite a few favorable comments on them.  Looks like I'll have to create more for others to enjoy.  You just might see them available on the website soon! Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Tree of Life series?  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the meaningful information through this article. Keep writing...Genuine Alexandrite

    ReplyDelete